Tuesday 15 March 2016

We Were Liars Review

I just finished reading We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. It look me all of two days to read and I did not see the plot twist at the end coming.

We Were Liars is about a girl who goes to stay on a island that her family owns for the summer. Something that her family has always done. By her family I mean her grandfather, aunts, cousins and so on. Two summers earlier something happened and she can't remember what. This is due to receiving a head injury that summer. She spends the whole summer trying to find out what happened because she wants to know but no one is telling her.

I found this book really interesting. I could not put it down and I just wanted to know what happened. Than the plot twist happened and I was not ready for it. I kind of felt like I needed a moment to fully take in what just happened. I knew that there was a plot twist, but I didn't know what it was or just how big it would be. For me I kind of feel like the twist made it. The rest of the book is pretty good, but the ending made it.

I also found it was a really fast paced book. It doesn't focus on one thing for long. I think this helps the book to seem faster and helped me to finish it in two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment